Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Crib time.

It has been almost 6 months since I have been able to get a good night's sleep. Well, technically, he was keeping me up before he even got here too! So, I would be SO delighted to find the solution to Asher's restless nights and to finally feel rested again. 
This wild boy calls for a lot of energy throughout the day.

Asher has been sleeping in a little rocker next to our bed. 
It was more for convenience because it is
easier to just reach over and pick 
po;ngbn  b bhn ngbn b bnbnjnbykkknnnnnk,jjkkjkyukm            fv x   gvbjbn    v 90ijkjfydtv4drtcertcg45r7ttgtfbgr6tffefgrrcgtyfbg5rrrhmg78u8i6789ui6uuynj6tyh5tygfb5thbft6yu67iuhm
and that was Asher's reaching over banging on the keyboard to say something to everyone. 

Ha. anyways, it is easier to just reach over to get him instead of having to go get him in the other room.

So, I have tried reading books & articles about what the solution to his sleep problem is. I have tried the rice cereal in the bottle, the warm bath before bed, the "comfort toy" in bed with him, the story time, the pacifier, dinner right before bed......etc. 
Asher does well putting himself to sleep. If I lay him down and he is still wide awake, he will lay there until he goes to sleep. No problem.

His first chunk of sleeping is the longest. It usually is like 3 or 3 and a half hours. The problem is that he continues to wake up about every two hours after that. The only thing that calms him down is nursing him.
He is not even hungry, it just a comfort thing.
He definitely does not look like he is lacking nourishment, haha.

I have tried comforting him without nursing him, but it just leads to him screaming uncontrollably.
So.....the cycle continues. He cries......He wont stop until I nurse him. Anyway, I am trying different things every night to see what might work. 

We figured him sleeping in his own crib in his own room
would be a good step towards him being more independent during bed time.  He ate dinner, had a bath, had story time, and then his bottle with rice cereal.
It really did not make a difference, but I still think it is good for him. 

It has been more tiring for me having him in his crib because I have to get up and go to the other room 
to get him. Usually, I just pull him into bed to nurse him without really having to wake up. So....hopefully I start seeing a difference soon!











The next morning after our first crib attempt, I woke up to Kirk handing me this. It was exactly what I needed, haha. Thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment