Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

No longer coming up with excuses, but taking the intitiative to launch this baby!


Hello! My name is Lauren Wade. I am a new wifey and a new mama. I am still getting the swing of marriage and mommy-hood. It is not always pure bliss, but I wouldn’t have it any other way yal! I said I DO to my hubs, Kirk, this past July. Lucky to have such a handsome man that loves me just as I am. (and he not only doesn’t MIND to shop,  he understands my love for it as well) Asher, our little bundle of perfection, came into the world November 2nd.(almost 2& a half months already??) His cuteness astounds me daily, seriously. These two men are my pride and joy, the center of my heart, and my motivation to be the best I can be.  You meet your soul mate and you think you could not love anything more. Then, you create a life with that person and your heart just falls out of your chest and stops beating when you lay eyes on this precious being. Your capacity to love expands beyond what you could ever imagine. I literally feel like I became a protective “mama bear” 



I am a fashion merchandising major at Meredith college (but am on a break right now to take care of little Asher). I will finish up my last year starting this fall! If you know me, or take a peek into my stash of clothing….you would see that I may slightly have an addiction. Every girl says, “I love to shop”, but shopping is more of a serious matter to me. It is like a craft….or a skill…a hunt. 



I don’t really like to say that I like “fashion” because it makes me think of labels, brands, and high prices. Fashion, to me, correlates with “what is in” and “what everybody is achieving to look like”.  Being fashionable is something anyone can achieve if you have the money to do so. On the other hand, I see style as something that you either have or you don’t. Sounds harsh, huh? You must be born with “the eye.”  Style runs in your blood. It rings individuality to me. You have to be bold to have it, and you must be willing to stand out. Fashion is materialistic and crowd pleasing, but style is a form of art that can be controversial. It makes people take a second look because it literally speaks, sometimes even yells.




Style does not have to be expensive. In high school, I didn't admire after a Michael Kors Bag. Instead, I got my thrills at thrift stores finding someone's old shirt that I could give life to again. I consider myself a bargain shopper……always looking for the best deals……making the most out of my buck. I think it all started with when I was younger, my mom would give me like 20 or 30 bucks to spend at the mall. I would walk around the mall once to see what was there and have a few choices picked out, a second time to narrow it down, and a third time to actually get the item that was the best “find.” I go through a lot of thought processes before buying something (btw, this drives my husband crazy because he is the total opposite of me, an impulse buyer!) But there are those rare occasions when I see something and Bam, it’s meant to come home to with me.
I would say that my husband and I both have a unique style. We like to experiment with patterns, colors, and textures. We both love Urban Outfitters, Buffalo Exchange, and thrifting. I personally also like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Target, Forever 21, Old Navy, etc. 

Originally, I wanted to create an etsy store to sell my thrift treasures, but I decided that I wanted to establish myself here first. When I was deciding want to call my blog, I was concerned that "Wade Style" was too narrow. But, I consulted with the wisest lady (Juliet Jones) and said that mommy-ing, cooking,etc. can be done WADE style! how clever is she? So basically, I want to use this blog to let you peek into things that the Wades are into, show you my finds, talk about mommyhood, getting back to my pre-preggo self, and other style ideas!

Kirk, Asher, and I want you to see how we do it, WADE Style. 


Lauren's outfit:
-pants and jacket (forever 21) jacket was only 6.99! they have 50% of sale right now. so dig and find a treasure!
-shirt (buffalo exchange)You can't tell in the pictures really, but it has a tulip bottom. 
-shoes (urban outfitters) for 9.99 during one of their awesome sales

Kirk's outfit:
-jacket and boots(forever 21) Not all forever 21's have a men's section, but they should! Guys have such a small selection of good stores!
-Shirt (buffalo exchange)
-pants (hot topic)
-beanie (target)

Asher's Outfit:
-shirt, pants, and shoes (Old Navy) didn't realize his whole outfit was from there! LOVE their baby stuff! Love baby gap too, but Old navy fits the budget!




End Note: That wisest Lady aka Juliet Jones....She has been my best friend for almost 12 years! She created this awesome banner of mine. I told her I trusted her to know my taste and it's like she read my mind. She is crazy talented and has a heart of gold. She understands me like no one else can. Our friendship is so precious and its value is beyond measure. Thank you for encouraging me to start this blog! go be inspired by her!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! So proud of you and this new blog of yours! Can't wait to be filled in on how to do things "wade style"! :)

    ReplyDelete